BLICKLING PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the Meeting of Blickling Parish Council held on 18th September 2017
at the Old School, Blickling.
1. Present: Mr. R. Mitchell, Mr. J. Gay, Mr. M. Swann. Apologies Mrs. P. Mead
2. Minutes: The minutes of the Annual General Meeting held on the 22nd May were approved and signed.
3. Matters Arising: There were no matters arising.
4. Declarations of Interest: There were no Declarations of Interest.
5. Village Fund: At present there is £2,212. 79 in the fund. There would appear to be no items needed for the village and it was proposed that the fund should remain intact. Should something be needed then the Parish council would decide what should be done.
6. Financial Matters: Two cheques were signed. For £65.00 to Mrs. J.H. Rogers. This is to repay her for paying for the Internal Auditor from her own account as the invoice had to be paid within thirty days. A second cheque was also made out to Mrs Rogers as per payment as Clerk covering the period from the 1st April to the 30th of September.
Mazars LLP have now approved the annual accounts. The Clerk has omitted to inform parishioners that the accounts were available for inspection and this would now be put on the website.
7. Planning Applications: There were no planning applications to hand although a number had been sent to the Parish Council since the last meeting. All these had been passed to Parish Councillors for comment and had all been approved.
8. New Venue for Meetings: The Chairman would speak to Andrew Dawson to find out why the Parish Council can no longer meet in the Old School. The alternative would be the Reading Room in Ingworth where Ingworth Parish Council meet. Paish Councillors felt that this Paris Council should be able to meet in the village, rather than going to a neighbouring village.
9. Any other business: The bell in St Andrew’s Church is being rung frequently and it would appear that the rope is in easy reach of visitors. The Clerk was requested to write to Mrs. M. Williams to request that the rope be looped up out of reach as it had been in the past.
10. Date of the next meeting: This will be held on the 15th January 2018 at 7.30, the venue to be advised.
J. H. Rogers 19th September Clerk to the Parish Council
All are welcome to attend